Sunday, January 17, 2010

Going banana's?

No I have not gone banana's, it was a rethorical question :-). For my C&G course I had to make a 3d object inspired by fruit or seed pods. Well I must admit I found this a very difficult assessment. For some reason it got stuck in my mind that I had to reproduce a fruit or seed pod. Luckily this was not the case, so I could let my imagination go wild. The inside of the banana peel is made from cotton, black Misty Fuse and cheesecloth. The parts are connected with zippers. On the outside I crunched cheesecloth, added some hand stitching and several layers of acrylic paint. By using thin layers of different colors, the colors shimmer through. And as a finishing touch I added beaded tassels. Making these was really a challenge as one of my cats was sitting next to me and was very interested in what I was doing.

5 comments:

hannie said...

Een heel mooie en bijzonder "banaan" Wil!

Unknown said...

Wow! just amazing!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love it, what a great idea to attach the sides with zippers. Very nice Wil

mia said...

Oh dit is een leuke banaan.
mia

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so glad you said the question was rhetorical!!....I was about to answer it for real!!! And you KNOW what that answer would be don't you???