Friday, January 29, 2010

one color

For the Dutch challenge group the present theme was 'all in one color'. Inspiration for my quilt came from a painting by the Russian/French painter Kandinsky and to be exact by his oilpainting Farbstudie Quadrate 1913 . Okay because of the theme my quilt has less colors than Kandinsky's work. And I found it easier to make smaller circles. This quilt is 20"x20" and to divide that by 5 is easy to do :-).
This time I did not use any handdyed fabric in it, but only batiks and other commercial fabric from my stash.


mia de vos said...

Hallo Wil,
Op de uitdaging heb ik het al gezegd, een mooie groene golf.
Kandinksy inspireert en motiveert

Kris said...

I love it!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

This is just gorgeous. I would say that you nailed the challenge.
Beautiful work Wil

Kelly said...

Beautiful!!! Wonderful interpretation of Kandinsky's piece and perfect rendition of the theme! AWESOME!!

McIrish Annie said...

I haven't been by to see you in a while but I can see you continue to do beautiful work and amaze me with your talent!

Happy New Year!

Margeeth said...

It proves that one can also make a beautifull artquilt without dyeing her own fabrics.