Friday, January 01, 2010

A new year

A new year has started. I hope it brings you all you wish in terms of health, creativity, jobs, love, you name it. For me I don't make new year resolutions as I feel you can start them any moment you want. Let's hope that the year will be a creative one to us all.
The new year will bring me a blogaversary in one of the coming months. I have to start thinking about a give-away :-). More about that in a later post.
What I can show you today is this little quilt, size 12"x12" which I made for FiberArts Squared. The first theme is 'comfort'. After some googling I came up with this idea:
Comfort after a long day. Take off those high-heeled shoes, sit down in a nice chair and have a drink. Maybe a glass of Southern Comfort? Whatever you prefer, just relax. You deserve it.

6 comments:

Ann J said...

A very Happy, Healthy & Creative New Year to you Wil!!....Luv Ann J

hannie said...

Voor jou ook een heel goed en vooral creatief 2010 Wil! En ik hoop net als afgelopen jaar,nog veel mooi's op je blog te zien!

Margeeth said...

I wish you a happy new year. I like your quiltlet, it looks real cozy.

Purple Missus said...

What a lovely quirky little quilt.
Its been some time since I have worn heels that high I don't think I would make it as far as the chair. *LOL*

Have a very happy, healthy and creative new year Wil.
Take care
Lynda

Patty Ashworth said...

I have a good friend who does chair quilts... she puts the shoes on the chairs! Then they are cute! Comfort is quilting. Your quilt is great!

Diane in NH said...

What a nice little comfort quiltlet! I'm working on mine and hope to have it completed this week. Preview is on my blog at www.dsignsbyds.blogspot.com

Happy New Year!