Wednesday, January 13, 2010

snow dyeing

Like so many other people I have been taking advantage of the snow we have here. No need now to use my snow cone machine :-). Here are 3 samples of what I dyed today. I used two variations of this technique. For the top two pictures I used a container instead of my usual colander. There was no way that the melting snow could get away. The results surprised me a bit, I had thought that there would be more even colored fabric as the dye/melted snow mixture would have been into contact with the fabric for a longer period.

The third piece was done using a colander. For these 1/5 yard pieces I used Sage, Musk Melon and Pearl Grey.

4 comments:

Marika said...

A thing may be very good fun the snow painting .
You received a very interesting marbled sample.
Greeting Marika

hannie said...

Ze zijn erg mooi geworden Wil! Zó moet het dus! Zal het toch nog eens gaan proberen.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

I love the results Wil. All the ones I have viewed are so different. What kind of dyes are you using?

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

One more thing, you got more color using the colander...I wouldn't have thought that .