Friday, July 11, 2014

Discharge

When I discharge a hand dyed piece of fabric, I can estimate the color to which it will discharge - as long as I use pure colors or know which pure colors have been used. With commercial fabric it is always a surprise. This time I ended up with some gorgeous fabric. The fabric was wet and I applied the bleach using a small syringe. Look how it turned out:


On the selvage were mentioned the names Nancy Crow and Kent Avery but an online search for this fabric lead to no results. If you know where this fabric can be bought, please let me know. I would love to have a couple of more yards to play with.
As it is Friday I am linking this post to Nina-Marie Off the Wall Friday

2 comments:

Beth said...

Nancy Crow sells the fabric at here retreats but I'll bet you could contact her and she'd send the fabric to you

http://www.nancycrow.com/HTML/barnworkshops.html

I also have her email address if you can't find it in her workshop schedule.

I am taking the Terry Jarrard Dimond "Design Bootcamp" in September just before I go to the Netherlands!!

PS. Really love the way your fabric came out.

Diane in NH said...

This is one of my favorite things to do to fabric. I love how yours turned out!