Each block is 4"x4". They were joined into this:
The background is finished. It is to represent a winter sky, blue with just a little bit of color as the sun is rising.
I did some googling and found pictures of frost on the window. One of these pictures I traced onto a plastic sheet protector and enlarged this to the size I needed. It is a bit difficult to see but this is the enlarged paper pattern. I copied this onto the paperside of bondaweb and fused this to a very light blue piece of fabric. I added some diluted white/silver paint to the fabric to give it a bit of a shimmer. The rest of the afternoon was filled with cutting out all these tiny pieces. But it was worth it. Here you can see the result after I fused it to the blue background:
The next step will be to fuse the top to the batting and backing fabric and to free motion quilt it. According to the rules of this swap I am not allowed to mail it before February 15 so there is lots of time for this.