The vase is made from folded fabric. After folding I ironed it onto some Bondaweb. I did the quilting along the lines so that I would not flatten the texture.
The pink flower was made from several layers of embossed felt and a button as centre. Stems are made from rolled tubes of fabric.
For these flowers I used different techniques. The yellow one on the right is made from zapped organza. The purple one from 2 layers of fused batik. To get depth part of the petals is pushed up away from the background. The brown one is made from several layers of fused fabric. The edges are cut to give it a more frayed look. And the yellow/red one is made from different layers of hand dyed scrim. Buttons or beads are used for the centres. On purpose some of the flowers are 'outside' the rectangular of the quilt.