Sunday, March 01, 2009

Resist

In between working on my still lifes I also did some resist dyeing this week. Completely forgot that I had signed up for a swap which was due yesterday. As resist I used Elmer's glue. I applied the glue to the fabric and used a fork to draw thin lines through it. At least that was the idea. The lines were so thin that they were not visible :-(. When I discovered that I used a piece of bubble wrap for the remaining fabric. First layer of dye used was yellow, the second layer was done with bordeaux. If I had more time I would redo part of it, but unfortunately I am already late in swapping.
The picture on the left shows the real color of the fabric. For some strange reason the one on the right is off color.

1 comment:

McIrish Annie said...

I don't know how you keep track of all your exchanges and classes, etc. you are sooo busy!

love the still life but you are right it is a bit cramped.

what do you mean by zapping the organza?? I love the look of the bottles.