Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
The flowers are made from more than a hundred hexagons. All distorded so all unique in size handpieced to eachother using the paper piecing method. They are now stitched to the background. Next step is to quilt and to add something to the flowers. They are a bit dull at the moment.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Background is a shaving cream dyed piece of fabric, quilted with a tulip design. On top of this I placed a transparancy sheet on which I had printed a tulip and attached this with brads in the shape of a flower, sorry no tulips :-).
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
I have permission of the photographer to use his picture. Of this picture I have taken a fragment to work with and enlarged it to the size I wanted. Background is black fabric and for the design I am using a rust dyed piece of fabric. This I fused to the background:
It is now ready to be quilted.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
For everybody who keeps track of my alphabet, guess what I will use for the K????
Sunday, January 18, 2009
It does not look like a grey, but I like the separation of the color.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Each square is 2,5"x2,5"and from hand dyed/painted fabric. I stitched them together into nine-patch blocks and than I sliced them both horizontal as well as vertical. The new blocks I arranged on my design wall like this:
Next step is to stich them together, sandwich it and quilt. Normally I quilt before I add the applique. For me that is an easier way of working. More pictures will follow later
Sunday, January 04, 2009
The top one is much duller compared to the one which has the yellow/red fabric under it. Sorry for the reflection of the flash.
The same picture I printed on a sheet in a bigger size. This time on A4 (roughly 8,5"x11"). The background fabric was this time a yellow/red ice dyed piece of fabric which I had quilted using a traditional tulip design. Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of this. On this sandwich I placed the transparancey sheet and again stitched the contourlines of the petals. Of the two samples I made I prefer this one above the green one. Here is the picture:
I like the way you can see the quilting lines through it. They give depth to the whole composition.
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Friday, January 02, 2009
Thursday, January 01, 2009
And a detail of the quilting:
On purpose the quilting lines go over the white layer. After all some of the frost lines are to small to be cut out of fabric :-). I can not tell you for whom I made this quilt. She has to wait till after February 15 when I can send the quilt to her.