Friday, June 04, 2010

pounded fabric

A technique which I have not done for a long time is pounded fabric. Again one of the techniques which is done with acrylic paints. Not really time consuming, but you have to wait a couple of days before you can see the result. But as you can see on this picture it gives an awesome result:



To create this effect, you need a wet piece of fabric, a plastic garbage bag, acrylic paint and a brush. You pounce the diluted acrylic paint with the brush onto the fabric. I prefer to place the wet fabric into the garbage bag before I do this, so that I do not have to lift the wet fabric into the bag. That is be a bit messy to do :-). On this fabric I used blue and green acrylic paint. No particular brand as any brand will do. For this I used the $0,50 cent bottles from JoAnn.



After this the fabric bag was partly closed and left into a warm place for 3-4 days. Because of the way that the fabric is crunched the diluted paint creeps up a bit and you get this kind of effect:










2 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Wil,

I have done several of your techniques in the past but must give this one a try. Thanks for sharing it with all the bloggers.
Hugs

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Very nice results Wil, why is it called 'pounded fabric'? You don't pound it do you.