Friday, June 04, 2010

art cloth

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the art cloth needed more. Using paintstiks is a really slow procedure on such a big piece of fabric - 5 yards - so I decided to do stamping. I wanted to use matching stamps with the spirals so I opted for using a yoghurt container. With a foam brush I applied Lumiere paint on it - in different red/silver/blue colors and stamped circles in a random order. See picture:

Better, but not yet complete. Although I prefer using handmade stamps, there is also a commercial stamp with ovals with I really love. I stamped - again randomly - using a green Lumiere:

This was the last addition to the artcloth. I really like the way it turned out. It would be a waste to cut up a piece of fabric like this, so I intend to use it to make a duvet cover out of it.

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Really lovely ... love all the stamps...Fun to see it worn!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It turned our great, isn't it interesting how the stamping has just really 'made' the piece.