Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Acacia powder

Acacia powder is more commenly used for stomach problems, but it is also a great resist. I had trouble finding the stuff here locally, so I bought it through Amazon.com. This was the first time I used it, but I will be using it more often in the future.
To make the resist you use half powder and half water. I don't know how long it stays okay, but I had mine in a container (outside the fridge) for more than a week. I used this coaster as my stamp:

Applied resist on it and pressed it down on the fabric. After it had dried I applied dye using a foam brush to one piece of fabric and I used Setacolor paints on the other piece.

This is the dyed fabric. You can see the pattern of the stamp a bit, but not as much as I had hoped. However this is how the painted fabric looks like:

Much better, don't you think?

3 comments:

Margeeth said...

Perhaps the resist dissolves a little when you put it in the dye-bath, resulting in a less clear image?

The Idaho Beauty said...

Better - yes indeed! What is that coaster made out of? You are reminding me to be more observant, broaden my scope of things that can be used for stamping.

hannie said...

Het geeft een mooi resultaat. Maar ik kan de bewerking niet helemaal goed lezen.Als ik het goed begrijp, is het met een maagpoeder, zoiets als rennies, of zuiveringszout?