Sunday, April 12, 2009

blended quilt is finished

Last week I showed the beginning of a quilt which has to be in the US by the end of this month. Well I am relieved to say that I finished it today. The theme for this show is blending art and tradition and there was a piece of compulsary fabric to be used. Here is a picture of how the background looked when I had it pieced:

And this is how it looks when it is finished:

I used the compulsary fabric for the flowers. They are 3d as you can see on the detail picture:

Now to finish the paperwork and get it into the mail as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Ann J said...

WOW!!! That is really lovely Wil, you must be very pleased with it!.......Luv AJ

Hannie de Beer said...

Hij is prachtig geworden Wil! Ook door de 3d bloemen. Heel mooi zeg! Maar wat is compulsary stof?

mia said...

vrolijke bloementuin heb je er van gemaakt.

pcoxdesign said...

That turned out awesome! Congrats Wil.