Saturday, April 04, 2009

New quilt

I have been quiet for a couple of days simply because I had nothing to show. Had to finish some paperwork and pictures for entries to US shows. But I started working on a new quilt. This one has to be made and mailed to the US before April 30 so I really had to start working. Theme of this show is 'Blending art and tradition'. On the picture you can see part of the background I have finished till now. I started out with a traditional nine-patch, size of the patches are 2"x2" (5x5 cm). After they were ironed I cut them both horizontal as well as vertical into splitted nine-patches. At the moment they are pinned down in different positions on my design wall. And you can see I need to make more of them. The plan for this weekend is to finish the background and - hopefully - to have it quilted. Weather forecast for today is sunny and around 69 degrees F so let's see how far I get :-), the sunshine might tempt me into sitting outside and enjoy.

2 comments:

Hannie de Beer said...

Ziet er veelbelovend uit Wil! Ik ben benieuwd hoe het gaat worden, nu je de blokken enkele malen hebt versneden?

McIrish Annie said...

I'll be interested to see what you do with this!