Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blogger Quilt Festival

At the moment the online quilt festival is going on. You can read more about it here. During the years I have made many quilts, but this is still my favourite one.
I made this as my assessment piece for my first C&G course in 2005. The background is made from black/white hexagons - all hand stitched - and my favourite flowers the poppies are in 3d on top of it. Size is approximately 45"x30". I really should measure it again. Since I made this quilt it has been hanging in my bedroom so the first thing I see every morning is this beauty.

13 comments:

Zonnah said...

I love poppies.. and the quilt looks beautiful.

Oddbjørg said...

A beautiful quilt!

Quilt Rat said...

This is a fabulous piece, I think
I 'd have to be wearing my white gloves to see this one cause I am quite sure I'd just have to touch it.

Anonymous said...

This quilt is beautiful...love the 3d effect...great work!

Anonymous said...

the poppies are beautiful, and so are your other quilts and dyed fabrics. As someone who dyes, paints, discharges, and sometimes marbles fabric, I love to see what others are doing. I like the way you cut up the pieces and rearranged them. You've inspired me to try something new.

Quilt+Bitch said...

Oh my! A 3-D quilt. Love the hexagons as the background. Beautiful flowers! Ugh, I wish I had the patience you do. :)

Scrappy quilter said...

I love how the poppies just seem to pop out of the quilt. Beautiful work.

Jocelyn said...

Amazing quilt. So vibrant. What a wonderful thing to look at every morning.

Minka said...

Great!

mia said...

De quilt is mooi en blijft ook mooi inspirerend.

hannie said...

Een heel mooi quiltje, vooral door het contrast van zwart -wit met de rode poppy's!

Unknown said...

Wow - I love this quilt! I would love to wake up to it too :) Thanks for sharing

stitchinpenny said...

Your poppie quilt is beautiful.