Wednesday, April 22, 2009

new quilt started

I started on a new quilt. This one is based on Ellen Lindner's class. Sofar only the first part has been done. At this moment I cannot say I love this idea for a quilt on it's own. But for me it certainly has potential for creating a background for a quilt. Here is a picture of the fabric before I ripped it into pieces:

And this is how it looks after rearranging all the rectangular into a pleasing combination:

The same idea but using 2 fq's in a related - other - color scheme:

One of the fq's had more orange in it while the other one was mainly red. As you can see the fabric was wet before I dyed it. I like this color combination more than the one I showed you above.

3 comments:

hannie said...

Wat maakt het een groot verschil,die twee fatquarters samen. Mooie combinatie!

Maggi said...

I love the colours on the first one. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the accent fabric.

Guzzisue said...

I like the first one best:-)